Full time, Fixed term, Start Date: 28/04/2020, End Date: 30/04/2021 (Discretionary leave)
Primary and intermediate (Years 1–8) / kura tuatahi, Certificated teacher
English, Health and physical education, Learning languages, Mathematics and statistics, Science, Social sciences, Technology, Te reo Māori, The arts
Due to the nature of leave, there may be an opportunity for this position to become permanent.
This role will:
- Support students through building an inclusive school or kura and cluster environment which encourages participation, progress and successful transitions
- Support kaiako/teachers in schools and kura to lift their capability to better meet the needs of learners, and to strengthen their connections with early learning services
- Support parents and whānau to build better relationships of understanding around learning support and establishing points of contact if needed
- Work alongside other LSCs across the cluster and connect with the learning support facilitator and wider agencies, e.g. Oranga Tamariki, to access services and resources to support learners
- Work with the school or kura leadership team to influence and encourage them to ensure the needs of all students receive the appropriate support to enhance their learning and progress.
Please send your CV, and direct enquiries to:
Sheree Johnson, Executive Officer
155 Bank St, Regent, Whangarei 0112
(09) 438 3186